Who we are
You can find all information about us on our website address is: https://artsquareplus.com. We use TicketTailor https://app.tickettailor.com to promote and book our events and Stripe https://stripe.com/gb to take payments for our events.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Name: We collect this when you send us a query via our contact form, email us directly via one of our email addresses, subscribe to our blog, purchase an event or subscription from us, or request any other information or services from us.
Email address: We collect this when you send us a query via our contact form, email us directly via one of our email addresses, subscribe to our blog, purchase a ticket from us, or request any other information or services from us.
Postal Address: We do not directly collect this data but your postcode is required for booking a ticket for one of our events via Stripe (third party payment platform). This information is available to us via our Stripe account.
Telephone Number: We may collect this when you make a query by telephone. We also collect this when you buy a ticket for one of our events.
Card Payment details: We do not directly collect this information. We use a trusted third party (Stripe) to collect this information on our behalf. Stripe stores the following information about your card – type of card; last four digits of your card; your card’s expiry date. This information is available to us via our Stripe account.
IP address : IP address for the device and browser you are using is collected and stored by Stripe when you are booking a ticket to one of our events.
Media: We may take photographs and short films of our students and their artwork during our classes. We will not publish these on our website or media pages without asking permission from the people/ guardians (in case of children) visible in the materials intended for publication.
Technical Information: When you visit artsquareplus.com, we collect your IP address and information about the device and browser you are using.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
We do not share your information with any third parties.
We may disclose your personal information if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation.
We may disclose personal information if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or rights, property or personal safety of any person.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
Data collected by Stripe and TicketTailor are stored indefinitely in accordance to their respective data policies.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
This website is directed to adults; it is not directed to children under the age of 13. We operate our site in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and will not knowingly collect or use personal information from anyone under 13 years of age.
The Site and Applications may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
Your rights to privacy
Under data protection legislation you have a number of rights in respect of information held about you. These rights are as follows, and can be exercised in accordance with the applicable legislation:
- Access to information: You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please contact us through our contact page
- Ensuring accuracy of information: We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You may ask us to correct or complete information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to erasure: You may have a right to erasure, which is more commonly known as the ‘right to be forgotten’. This means that in certain circumstances you can require us to delete personal information held about you.
- Ability to restrict processing: You may also have the right to require us to restrict our use of your personal information in certain circumstances. This may apply, for example, where you have notified us that the information we hold about you is incorrect and you would like us to stop using such information until we have verified that it is accurate.
- Right to data portability: You may have the right to receive personal data we hold about you in a format that enables you to transfer such information to another data controller (e.g. such as another service provider).
- Review by an independent authority: You will always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory body. The relevant authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Preventing direct marketing: We do not sell your data. From time to time, we may send emails containing information about new features, products and other news about us. This is considered direct marketing. You have the right to stop us from contacting you for these purposes. We will always inform you if we intend to use your personal data for such purposes, or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can usually exercise your right to prevent such marketing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us here
- Objecting to other uses of your information: You may also have the right to object to our use of your information in other circumstances. In particular, where you have consented to our use of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw such consent at any time. You may do this through our contact page.
How to contact us
You can contact us at any time through our contact page.